Full-Time Press Operator / CollatorWEB PRESS OPERATOR and COLLATOR
Sussex Printing Corporation/The Guide is in search of a Full-Time Web Press Operator/Collator. The Guide produces and distributes two advertising publications, The Guide and The Maryland Guide, and maintains a prominent internet presence.
• Load and operate web press to include inspecting samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
• Basic machine maintenance to include cleaning of ink, plates & printing unit cylinders, oiling press, minor repairs using hand tools, etc.
• Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill such as supplying or holding materials or tools and cleaning work areas and equipment.
• Collate and box publications.
• Other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
• Experience in the operation(s) of a printing press;
• Ability to operate and maintain collators;
• Ability to operate forklift;
• Able to meet the physical demands of the position to include lifting of approx. 50 lbs., pushing/pulling 41-100 lbs., constant standing, reaching, squatting, bending.
• Able to work accurately and thoroughly and be part of a team;
• And be able to perform additional duties & tasks as assigned.
Personal time off, paid holidays, health insurance benefits, 401K, and more.
Mon., Wed., Thurs. 8am-5pm; Tues. 8am until job completion; Fri. 8am-12noon. No weekends.
Stop by our office at 24904 Sussex Hwy., Seaford, DE (Mon.-Thurs. 8am-5pm; Fri. 8am-12noon) or go to: www.theguide.com (click on Job Opportunities at the bottom of the homepage). After an application has been completed, resumes can be forwarded to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
FT GRAPHIC DESIGNER/SOCIAL MEDIA ASST.Be a part of our Ad Design Team as a FT Graphic Designer/Social Media Assistant at The Guide, "Delmarva's Leading Advertising Source since 1959."
As part of our ad design team, you will compose display advertisements and assist with maintaining our social media networks.
• High creative energy with a strong work ethic, self-motivated, dependable, ability to multi-task, collaborate and have a great sense of typography with the ability to proofread
• Ability to create, manage and grow business presence across social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Workspace, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Proficient typist w/excellent spelling skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
• Commitment to complete tasks while providing quality work
• Dependable with the ability to work under pressure to meet publishing deadlines
• Reliable and accountable
HOURS: Monday, 8am-5pm; Tues. 8am-12noon; Wed. 8am-5pm; Thurs. 8am-5pm; Friday 8am-4pm. NO WEEKENDS!
BENEFITS: FT Employees receive personal time off, paid holidays, health insurance benefits, 401k and more!
APPLY IN PERSON: 24904 Sussex Hwy., Seaford, DE 19973 or online: TheGuide.com - Go to Employment at the bottom of the homepage.
No phone calls pls.
PART-TIME PRESSROOM HELP/COLLATORTo be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following:
* Ability to operate printing collator to assemble multiple sheets or parts together for publications. Experience preferred but will train.
* Dependability and able to be self-starter
* Able to work accurately and thoroughly and be part of a team and be willing perform additional duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to stand constantly and reach outward, frequently lift up to 50 lbs., and able to bend, squat or kneel and reach above shoulders.
HOURS: Tuesdays, 9am-until job completion (usually around 7pm). Possibility of more hours if applicant meets company requirements to perform Driver/Delivery duties.
APPLY: Stop by our office at: 24904 Sussex Hwy., Seaford, DE (Mon.- Thurs, 8am - 5pm; Fri. 8am - 12noon) or go to: www.theguide.com (click on Employment at the bottom of the homepage). After an application has been submitted, please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.