Advertising Graphic Designer/Social Media AssistantBe a part of our Ad Design Team as a Full-Time Graphic Designer/Social Media assistant at The Guide, "Delmarva's Leading Advertising Source since 1959."
As part of our ad design team, you will compose display advertisements and assist with maintaining our social media networks.
• High creative energy with a strong work ethic, self-motivated, dependable, ability to multi-task, collaborate and have a great sense of typography with the ability to proofread
• Ability to create, manage and grow business presence across social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Workspace, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Proficient typist w/excellent spelling skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
• Commitment to complete tasks while providing quality work
• Dependable with the ability to work under pressure to meet publishing deadlines
• Reliable and accountable
Hours: Monday, 8am-5pm; Tues. 8am-12noon; Wed. 8am-5pm; Thurs. 8am-5pm; Friday 8am-4pm. NO WEEKENDS!
Benefits: Paid personal time off, paid holidays, health insurance benefits including dental, 401k and more!
Apply in person: 24904 Sussex Hwy., Seaford, DE 19973 or online: TheGuide.com - Go to Employment at the bottom of the homepage. No phone calls please.
Part-Time Delivery Person1-2 Days Per Week. (Wed. and/or Thurs.)
Must be able to lift 50 lbs., have a clean driving record, pass post offer physical examination and be dependable.
Company upholds a no smoking policy.
Apply in person to: Sussex Printing Corp. - The Guide, 24904 Sussex Hwy., Seaford, DE or online at
No phone calls please.
Please, only new applicants. Employment applications are retained for two years.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVEBe a part of our Customer Service Team as a Customer Service Representative at The Guide, "Delmarva's Leading Advertising Source since 1959."
As part of our customer service team, you will work with the team to offer the utmost service to our advertisers and our readers.
This position entails:
- Interacting with customers to develop classifieds ads, process payments & provide information about product and services.
- Proofreading classified ads to ensure they are from typos, are grammatically correct, follows The Guide's established style and checked for accuracy.
- Good communication and strong listening skills
- Team worker
- Excellent computer skills and experience in Microsoft software
- Type at least 35wpm
- Ability to acquire an above knowledge of the advertising processing software
- Commitment to complete tasks while providing quality work
- Dependable with the ability to work under pressure to meet publishing deadlines
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone system preferred
- Able to provide precise, accurate edits in a fast-paced setting to ensure deadlines are met
- Reliable and accountable
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8am-5pm; Friday, 8am-4pm. NO WEEKENDS!
Benefits: Personal time off, paid holidays, health insurance benefits, 401k and more!
Apply in person: 24904 Sussex Hwy., Seaford, DE 19973 or online:
TheGuide.com - Go to Employment at the bottom of the homepage. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVEThe Guide, a premier, niche advertising publication in Delmarva is looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment. An inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
• Understand customer needs and requirements
• Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development
• Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
• Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
• Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
• Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
• Perform effective online demos to prospects
• Proven inside sales experience
• Track record of over-achieving quota
• Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
• Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong listening and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
About the Company
O'Rourke Media Group (OMG) currently operates in six states with a full-service digital agency and 23 publications and hyperlocal websites. Our team of marketing experts specialize in
providing customized digital marketing strategies and solutions for any size business and budget. We are also a hyper-local community news publisher with an audience of print subscribers, digital subscribers, website pageviews, social media followers and email newsletters. OMG acquired and welcomed the team at The Guide into our company in April 2022.
For immediate consideration, send your resume to: Mswain@theguide.com